Most of you are back after Easter holidays but I’m super cheeky and have today as an INSET day. As in, an INSET day OFF. Good times!
Today is really bright and feels warmer and the anticipation of a heatwave this week confirms to me that it is the summer term. I’m excited as I love what the summer term can bring (warmer weather, more regular outdoor PE, sports day etc). I’m also aware it is a really LONG term and the run-up to the summer holidays can be brutal. I’ve decided to create some resolutions for this term, to ensure I maintain my already limited sanity and I make it to summer in one piece!
As a teacher, I solemnly swear that I will:
- Always get to work after 7am. Any work attempted before this time will not be my best and will probably resemble something a 4 year old has done.
- Always eat breakfast. And a proper one, not last night’s pizza or a chocolate bar. There’s nothing worse than a growling belly, especially when you lecture your class on the importance of eating a healthy breakfast.
- Maintain my individuality. Yes, I am a teacher and it’s a big part of my life. But I am more than just my job. I will remember all the things I did and enjoyed in the holidays and try to do some of that in term time too.
- Work less hours at home but in the time I do work I will be more productive (that means putting down my phone…eek).
As a teacher, I solemnly swear that I will not:
- Stuff my face for five minutes at lunchtime, whilst marking books and preparing for the afternoon, and then class this as “having a lunch break.”
- Wee only once a day. Enough said.
- Think it’s possible to provide 1-2-1 type intervention to all 28 children in my class every minute of the day. I am ONE PERSON.
- Be too hard on myself! (Think this one will be the hardest out of all of them!)
Hope your summer term gets off to a great start 🙂